- What led you to become interested in hypnotherapy?
I was an international business consultant focusing on the China market and visiting there around 6 times each year. I had done quite a few projects on the healthcare sector in China over the years and this involved visiting and meeting doctors who carried out TCM – traditional Chinese medicine – so I became very interested in holistic therapy.
My eldest daughter had done a hypnobirthing course and had both her boys at home without medication or interventions using hypnosis techniques which triggered an interest in hypnosis. I found the CPHT hypnotherapy training course online by chance and decided to apply for the course – which is one of the best things I have ever done.
- What is your favourite part about being a hypnotherapist?
Helping my clients to get to where they want to be and seeing the positive changes in them week by week.
- If you could go absolutely anywhere in the world on holiday, where would it be?
What a question! Anywhere and everywhere – from beaches to exploring to culture – Vietnam, Cuba and Croatia are my top three at the moment.
- What are your top three favourite books?
I love psychological thrillers and crimes. I’ve just finished Falling by TS Lewin which is absolutely brilliant.
- What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?
Be yourself and believe in yourself.
- Share an interesting fact about yourself that not many people know.
I can speak Spanish. I spent a year in Barcelona working and studying many moons ago.
- How do you incorporate a positive mindset in your own life?
I’m a glass half full type of person anyway. I try to keep focused on the positives in my life and make sure that I have enough self-care time each day.
- What’s your favourite restaurant in the Huddersfield area?
- What hobbies do you take part in to unwind?
I like to relax, sitting out in the sun or walking and of course meeting & going out with friends.
- What’s your favourite film, and why?
Love Actually – it’s a feel-good film which I can watch over and over again.