SLAITHWAITE, hUDDERSFIELD & sADDLEWORTH
HYPNOBIRTHING For GROUPs & INDIVIDUALs
Jo is a fully qualified Certified Hypnotic Birthing Practitioner using the easibirthing® technique.
Having your baby has the potential to be one of the most wonderful experiences of your life. Each birth is unique, and it is about empowering you to have a calm and confident birth without anxiety or fear.
At our hypnobirthing classes, you will learn to use self-hypnosis, relaxation, visualisation and breathing methods to prepare both your mind and body for birth. We will teach you how to use hypnosis for pain management and to show you how to reach a state of deep relaxation. The classes will boost your trust in your body so you enter labour feeling calm, confident and in control.
It is about changing your expectation of birth so that you help rather than hinder the natural process, and develop valuable life skills for parenthood. Childbirth is a natural physiological process that a woman’s body is fully equipped for.
Our classes are full of practical skills you can use after you have had your baby as well.
What my clients say about hypnobirthing
What is hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing is a technique to help you prepare for the birth of your baby and cope with labour as calmly, gently and safely as possible using visualisation, breathing and relaxation methods.
Our classes will give you and your birth partner practical skills to assist in labour and birth. We teach deep relaxation techniques, visualisation and breathing during your pregnancy.
These techniques help your body through the natural process of giving birth without you tensing up and being afraid, and you will experience less pain during the birth. It’s also about using positive language, ‘affirmations’, anchors or positive mantras to help you to stay focused.
Our 4 week course empowers you to feel prepared, in control, calm and confident, assisting you to build confidence and at the same time helping you to build a relationship with your unborn baby.
The benefits of hypnobirthing
- Eliminates the fear that can cause tension and pain through our relaxation techniques
- Makes the labour phase more gentle and pleasant by understanding what is happening during each stage
- Significantly diminishes or eliminates the need for medication; thereby eliminating its risks and post-delivery effects for both mother and child
- Helps to keep oxygen supplied to your baby during birthing
- Reduces and often eliminates the need for drugs and intervention
- Increases the rate of spontaneous vaginal birth, reducing the need for intervention
- Shortens the period of labour; by reducing anxiety during each stage
- Empowers you to allow the natural birth process and remain calm, confident and in control.
- Helps to turn a breech or posterior baby
- Can help with morning sickness & hyperemis gravidarum (HG)
- Recover steadily and faster from your labour & childbirth
- Foster and increase positive emotions during the entire birth process
- Helps you create an experience which has positive memories attached
- Reduce incidence of post-natal depression
- Stimulates and maintains a strong energy level into the post-delivery phase
- Promotes lactation for breast-feeding
- Calmer, more laid-back baby
- How to keep your birth partner involved
What you will learn during Our Hypnobirthing course
- How the body & your baby works during labour and birth
- How to use hypnosis, breathing, visualisation and relaxation during labour and birth
- How to reduce any anxiety or fear and remain calm, confident and in control during labour and birth
- Understanding the importance of the birth environment
- Understanding the importance of making informed decisions
- Practical skills and tips for you and your birth partner
When should I start the Hypnobirthing classes?
The ideal time to begin the course is between 20 and 30 weeks of pregnancy. This is because you will need to practice the techniques and relaxations as much as you can as you learn them in the four weekly classes.
Don’t worry if you are more than 30 weeks pregnant, you will still benefit from the techniques that we will teach you.
What can you expect from the Hypnobirthing classes?
- 4 sessions, each lasting approximately 2.5 hours every week with new techniques and relaxations.
- You will receive our Goodie Bag with Calm & Confident Hypnobirthing Workbook, Affirmation Cards, Natural Soy Wax Candle and more surprises …..
- Continued on-going support in closed Facebook group
Group Hypnobirthing Classes
£185 per course
- 4-week course in Huddersfield, Slaithwaite & Saddleworth
- 4 sessions face to face (approx. 2.5 hrs each session)
- Cost for 4 sessions £185.00
(£50 payable as a deposit and balance before the course begins)
VENUE: Arty Explorers, Carr Lane, Slaithwaite HD7 5AG
Class dates and times: Thursday 6.30-9pm
August dates: 5th, 12th , 19th , 26th
September dates: 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
October dates: 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
VENUE: The Media Centre, 7 Northumberland Street, Huddersfield HD1 1RL
Class dates and times – Saturday 2pm-4.30pm
August dates: 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
September dates: 4th, 11th, 18rd, 25th
October dates: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
VENUE: Infinity Dance, Springhead, Saddleworth OL4 4TZ
Class dates and times: Friday 6.30-9pm
August dates: 6th , 13th , 20th , 27th
September dates: 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
October dates: 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd
One to One Hypnobirthing classes
£320 per course
One to one hypnobirthing classes in my therapy room at The Media Centre
- 4 week course
- 4 sessions face-to-face (or zoom if preferred) – approx. 2 hrs each session
The private sessions can be arranged to suit a day and time of your choice.
- Cost £320 per couple
In addition, the following is also included in the cost:
- A workbook to support course content
- The Easibirthing course relaxation audios/MP3
- Affirmation cards
- and lots of other goodies in your Goodie Bag
Will I be in control during my labour and birth if I use hypnosis?
Absolutely you will be in control. Hypnosis is a feeling of deep relaxation. You will be aware of what is going on around you but you are able to ignore any distractions. It’s similar to when you are engrossed in a film or a book. You are deeply focused but you can easily tune back into other things going on whenever you want or need to. You will be able to chat, be totally relaxed, aware and fully in control.
Does Hypnobirthing mean that my labour and birth will be pain free?
Some mums who have used Hypnobirthing during pregnancy say that they didn’t feel pain during labour and birth and didn’t need any pain relief. However, please note that hypnobirthing doesn’t guarantee the absence of pain during labour and birth as many other factors may need to be taken into consideration.
Remember that we are aiming to give you the techniques and the understanding to allow you to enjoy the birth and to make it easier and more comfortable.
I’ve already had one baby, will hypnobirthing work for me?
Yes, hypnobirthing is brilliant whether this is your first or your fourth baby. Some women may have been disappointed by their previous birth experience and this can lead to fear for future births. Hypnobirthing techniques will enable you to have a very positive next birth.
Should my partner attend the classes with me?
Hypnobirthing classes are a great way for your partner to also understand what is happening to you and baby during birth and provides valuable techniques for both you and your partner. Classes allow you both to feel ready and positive about the birth of your child
What if I have a C-Section?
You may be in a situation where you need to make a choice between a vaginal birth and a C-section. Hypnobirthing teaches you the skills to make an informed decision that is right for you and your baby.
Hypnobirthing will still help you if you have to have a C-Section by allowing you to relax and feel calm
Terms & Conditions
By signing up to any of our hypnobirthing courses, you are agreeing to the following:
- A non-refundable deposit of £50 is required to confirm your place on your course either group sessions or individual sessions
- The balance of the course fee must be paid in full at or before the first session of the course
- Course fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances
- In the event of cancellation by a participant prior to the start of the course, the depost is non-refundable
- In the event of cancellation by a participant after one or more sessions of the course have been completed, no refund will be given
- If for any reason the sessions cannot take place face to face, eg government guidelines or extreme weather, then they will take place over live video link
- For participants taking a private one to one course, 48 hours notice must be given in changing appointment dates or times or they will be liable for the session fee.
- Please note that these classes are intended as hypnobirthing classes and do not replace the role of your named midwife/doctor
- You should seek the advice of a midwife/ medical professional to answer pregnancy/health related questions
- We cannot be held responsible for any decisions that you make regarding your pregnancy and birth
- We cannot be held responsible for any complications that may arise as a result of pregnancy/ labour and birth
- Taking a hypnobirthing course does not guarantee a certain birth outcome
- The resources given to you on your course are for your own personal use and should not be distributed to third parties
Other Conditions we can help with
Stress & Anxiety
Solution focused hypnotherapy can help you to overcome stress & anxiety and become more positive.
Depression & Low Mood
Solution focused hypnotherapy aims to tackle the triggers that led to your depression & low mood.
Confidence & Self-esteem
Solution focused hypnotherapy challenges your negative thought processes to improve your self-image and gives you confidence.
Solution focused hypnotherapy treatment will enable you to keep calm, and gain confidence in your ability to manage situations.
Fears & Phobias
Solution focused hypnotherapy can help you to conquer your phobia in just four sessions.
Solution focused hypnotherapy for insomnia can tackle potential causes and help you to relax and drop off to sleep.
Solution focused hypnotherapy for weight loss will help you to feel confident about your body.
Solution focused hypnotherapy can help you to stop smoking by helping you to understand how the mind works.
Solution Focused hypnotherapy is a safe and natural treatment for pain, with no side effects.
Relax, renew, revive
Are you looking to relax? Solution focused hypnotherapy is an easy and quick way to relax totally in just 30 minutes.
Book A Free Initial Consultation
Be stress-free with no more anxiety and lift your mood and be free from panic attacks. Build up your self-confidence, stop smoking, lose weight or free yourself from your longstanding phobia.
Disclaimer: Hypnotherapy is effective however results may vary and success is not guaranteed. Full client commitment is important.